terça-feira, 8 de janeiro de 2013

SELAM KIDANE DEPARTED

 Selam, giovane poeta deceduto nel Sinai

Prison walls
Torture chambers
Desert torturers
An angry dark tide
In the dead of night
Eerie lonely frozen streets
Fiery eyes and cold gaze
And so I live and you don’t?
one survives and the other not…
Is my luck a blessing or a curse?
Was your life a tragedy or prophesy?
Were your parents merely unfortunate?
Are mine a sign of our times?
You are dead I am not
Is there a difference?
Below grave or above
Is a question of location
Not a pronouncement of life
You are dead and so motionless
I am all inert and utterly voiceless
You are dead now but not lifeless
I am simply a poor listless refugee
You have a name: Dearly Departed
All I have is a bane
You have a grave
You have a place
I have…none
You are dead
And I…I am
...I am...
Eritrean
Still

Selam
 
Postado por: JUSSARA SARTORI

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário